A couple days ago, I documented my recent experience with my wireless network and how I got hacked . I briefly mentioned that I'm installing Windows 7 this time around. Yesterday, I ran into an issue with 32-bit Apache 2.2.15 running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. This issue appears to only affect 64-bit Windows 7 and 64-bit Windows Vista web developers attempting to run 32-bit Apache on the system. NOTE: I didn't test 64-bit Apache because that is experimental and 64-bit PHP is even more experimental. However, I doubt the results would be too different. The issue is slow response times (anywhere from 1 to 3 seconds per request) when connecting to 'http://localhost/'. Connecting to 'http://127.0.0.1/' and 'http://[NetBIOScomputernamegoeshere]/' have fast response times. I've seen various fixes around that seem to boil down to these three: - Disable the Windows Firewall. - Disable IPv6 support. - Edit the 'hosts' file. It look
Here you will find all sorts of great information or rants, whichever, about the software industry, products I use, and tips.
If you find a nifty piece of software you think I should be using, forward it to me in the comment of the latest post.